We're looking for a Principal Developer to provide technical leadership to a team of kick-ass developers working on core Atlassian products.
As the Principal Developer on the team, you will have technical seniority and will lead the attack of the most challenging problems. You will be responsible for analysing these problems, designing elegant solutions, and pushing your solutions through to implementation. You will be working with performance engineers and quality analysts who give your creations a good beating before they are released to thousands of customers worldwide. You will be also responsible for training other developers on your team to grow their expertise.
If you are able to:
- Solve difficult technical problems whilst keeping in mind user experience, performance, quality and security aspects
- Remain unfazed by demanding technical problems, and always crave new challenges
- Impact on visualisation, search and code review of the leading Version Control System products
- To provide technical leadership to a team of elite developers
Then we are the place for you!
What you will do:
- Create elegant solutions to very challenging technical problems
- Point out issues with the existing architecture and code, and clean it up
- Liaise with the technical leads and developers to promote great software design and quality
- Provide technical leadership and training to other developers on the team
- Drive innovation by coming up with new and surprising ideas for our products and processes
- Develop awesome new features front-end to back-end, as part of a team
- Lead by example
What we expect from you:
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Java and JVM
- Deep architectural understanding of web applications
- Good knowledge in some back end technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, Lucene, SQL
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the industry
- Wide experience of successful and failed projects
- Ability to slice and dice problems so they can be worked on by several people
- Desire and ability to mentor junior developers
- Relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English (both oral and written)
- Knowledge of open source libraries, tools and frameworks, e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, and building. The more the merrier!
- Good knowledge of other JVM languages (such as Scala, Groovy, and Closure) or web platforms (Ruby on Rails, Python/Django)
- Excitement for the latest trends in application design
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like XP and Scrum
- Interest in learning more about new languages and frameworks
- 8 to 20 years (or more) in a professional development role
What we can offer you:
- Extremely challenging job in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with passionate and skilled people working on kick-ass application
- Work in a world that is based on values such as honesty, truth, openness and respect for the customer.
- The opportunity to meet people from all over the world.
- Very attractive salary (probably the best in the region)and other perks.
- An environment that thrives on change, challenging status quo and constant improvement
- Lots of responsibility and the room for further personal growth
- Modern and ergonomic work place with great development and management tools
- Help with relocation to Gdańsk (relocation package)
- Education Bonus 7 500 PLN/year (you choose what kind of training you would like to spend it on)
- Ergonomic and user friendly equipment (computers, standing desks, and Aeron® chairs)
- Fully stocked kitchen (coffee, tea, yogurts, cornflakes, soft drinks, and sweets at your disposal)
- Private medical healthcare
- Life insurance
- Multisport card (50% covered by Spartez)
17 800 - 22 000 PLN gross per month
The controller of personal data provided in connection with the conducted recruitment processes, including the personal data contained in the enclosed application documents, in accordance with the application filed and consent granted, is Spartez Went Wspólnicy Sp. j., Na Zboczu 33, 80-110 Gdańsk, Spartez sp. z o.o. sp. k., Norwida 2, 80-280 Gdańsk, or in case of selecting both entities, these selected companies as independent controllers. Personal data are processed solely for recruitment purposes. In case of applying for job offered under an employment contract, data in the scope specified in the Labour Code – the Act of 26 June 1974 (Dz.U. [Polish Journal of Laws] of 1974 No. 24 item 141 as amended) and implementing acts are provided voluntarily but are necessary for the recruitment. The data are processed on the basis of the above-mentioned laws. Additional data in the application documents, as well as data provided when applying for a collaborator (a civil law contract) are provided voluntarily and processed on the basis of consent which may be withdrawn at any time without affecting the lawfulness of data processing carried out on the basis of the consent before its withdrawal. Candidates’ data – solely their first and last name and the date of birth – will be processed for 18 months following the completion of the recruitment process in which a given candidate participated. This results from the recruitment policy adopted by our companies which excludes a candidate from participating in another recruitment process in less than 18 months. If a candidate voluntarily consents to participating in future recruitments, his or her personal data will be processed for 18 months following the completion of the recruitment processing which this candidate participated. Personal data of candidates will not be disclosed to any other entities save for those entities commissioned by the Controller to process such data for the purpose of proper handling of the recruitment processes, e.g. IT services providers, business conslutnats. However, such entities process the data on the basis of an agreement concluded with the Controller and solely as instructed by the Controller, and may not use personal data for other purposes. Therefore, personal data may be transferred to a third country on the basis of standard data protection clauses adopted or accepted by the European Commission. Personal data will not be used for automated decision-making processes, including profiling. Each person whose personal data are processed, has the right of access, demand rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of personal data, the right to object processing of personal data, the right to transfer personal data, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In all cases connected with processing personal data by the Controller, including information about adequate safeguards on protection of personal data applied in connection with providing personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.