At Spartez and Atlassian QA stands for Quality Assistance rather than Quality Assurance. We are looking for someone who is more than just a great tester - we are looking for someone who can help developers be great testers as well. Someone who understands that building quality into the development process is more efficient than verifying quality after a feature is built. Someone who can shape processes, build new tools and drive adoption across their team so that they deliver higher quality at a faster speed. If you want to manage projects yet remain technical, and - if you're passionate about quality, but want to do way more than just test, then this role is for you.
In this role you’ll be:
- Analysing our development and release process to identify what should or could be improved for higher quality and development speed.
- Helping the development team brainstorm test ideas, edge cases and produce sound test plans for features they are working on.
- Organising and facilitating demo and test sessions to ensure that features were implemented to a high standard.
- Challenging the status quo, making changes to the way things are done and ensuring that those changes create the desired effects.
- Forming and leading SWAT teams to tackle bigger challenges. You’ll be empowering every member of the team to do their best work.
- Designing and implementing solutions that help the team deliver features faster, safer and to a high level of quality.
- Creating that energetic team spirit, which will reinforce continuous improvement and standards of excellence.
- Spreading successful ideas and solutions to other teams within the company.
- Every team member’s best friend, available to help them with the challenging task of delivering high quality software to the customers.
You are the right fit if:
- You have great exploratory testing skills and can coach others in the team to become good exploratory testers
- You are a critical thinker and frequently spot risks and problems no one else in the team has thought about
- You are a great facilitator that can organise people to solve problems
- You have run workshops and training sessions to give developers the skills necessary to improve their efficiency or quality of their work
- You can build working prototypes of tools and frameworks to enhance software development lifecycle
- You know Java, Scala or JS well enough to conduct code reviews and interpret results of various static analysis tools
- Ideally you have solid experience in test automation, and can make good decisions about the types of test automation that should be used for various features and be able to improve existing test automation frameworks
- You are curious and always looking for better ways to do things
- You are principled, and at the same time, pragmatic
- You know what Agile, Lean, DevOps, and Delivery are about
- You stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the industry and usually can distinguish BS from really good ideas
- You are an excellent communicator with fluent English (both oral and written)
This is a role for experienced people only and requires a minimum of 4 years (6 years for senior position) of relevant work experience in software development.
What we can offer you:
- Extremely challenging job in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with passionate and skilled people working on kick-ass applications
- Work in a world that is based on values such as honesty, truth, openness and respect for the customer
- The opportunity to meet people from all over the world
- Very attractive salary (probably the best in the region)and other perks
- An environment that thrives on change, challenging status quo and constant improvement
- Lots of responsibility and the room for further personal growth
- Modern and ergonomic work place with great development and management tools
- Help with relocation to Gdańsk (relocation package)
- Education Bonus 5 000 PLN/year (you choose what kind of training you would like to spend it on)
- Ergonomic and user friendly equipment (computers, standing desks, and Aeron® chairs)
- Fully stocked kitchen (coffee, tea, yogurts, cornflakes, soft drinks, and sweets at your disposal)
- Private medical healthcare
- Life insurance
- Multisport card (50% covered by Spartez)
- 9 200 - 13 700 PLN gross per month for mid positions
- 13 700 - 17 800 PLN gross per month for senior positions